Press Releases« Back
Chef Dominique Ansel and Monster High™ Unveil Exclusive Treat Just in Time for Halloween
Monster High™ has partnered with Chef
This unique fusion is a chocolate mousse served on a popsicle stick, dressed up in a crispy thin coat of dark chocolate and covered with Tahitian vanilla marshmallows bringing your taste buds back from the dead!
The Shocklette Monster treat is not available at the bakery - but don't
be scared! You can win one of Chef Dominique's other confections by
sharing with @MonsterHigh what makes you freaky fab for the chance to
receive your very own #MonsterHighTreat OR create a Dark Chocolate
Mousse Pop at home! For more information about
Chef Dominique Ansel's Dark Shocklette Mousse Recipe
Show-off your Shocklette creations with @MonsterHigh for the chance to receive your very own #MonsterHighTreat by Chef Dominique!
Freaky Fabulous Ingredients
245g Whole Milk
3g Gelatin Sheets
310g 72% Chocolate
450g Heavy Cream
Steps to Creating this Scary Sweet Treat
1. Bloom gelatin sheets in ice water for 5-10 minutes. Wring sheets out to drain off excess water. Place sheets on top of chocolate chips.
2. Bring milk to a boil, then pour over chocolate and gelatin.
3. Stir mixture together until homogeneous using a whisk, to create a nicely emulsified chocolate ganache.
4. Cool chocolate mixture to just about room temperature (around 37C).
5. While chocolate ganache cools, whip your heavy cream to medium peaks.
6. Once the chocolate is at the proper temperature, fold into whipped cream. Add the ganache a little at a time to avoid deflating the aerated cream.
7. Once the mousse is combined and smooth, pipe into Popsicle molds and place the stick inside.
8. Freeze until set firmly enough to unmold.
MONSTER HIGH and associated trademarks and trade dressed are owned by,
and used under license from,
Mattel PR Contact:
News Provided by Acquire Media